Plan and serve this on a frosty blustery day and you will be happy you did!
Elements for Cowfoot Porridge
- 720g (1.5 lbs) bovine foot
- 12 medium 3D shapes white puna yam
- 1 teaspoon ground Ehu (Calabash Nutmeg)
- 1 teaspoon dark pepper
- Habanero pepper (to your taste)
- 1 major onion
- 2 major stock 3D shapes
- Salt (to taste)
- 5 Scent takes off
- 720g of bovine foot may seem like a great deal yet dairy animals foot is generally bones.
- Bovine foot is very extreme so on the off chance that you have a weight cooker, utilize it for cooking it to spare time and gas/power. I cook dig for 15 minutes (numbering from when the pot is pressurized).
- Ehu (Calabash Nutmeg) is an exceptionally conventional fixing that is hard to discover outide Nigeria. In the event that you can't get it where you live, skip it. Common nutmeg is not an other option to this since they are not comparative at all. In the event that you have companions or family in Nigeria, they will have the capacity to purchase ehu seeds and send to you, a little amount goes far.
- Aroma leaves give this dinner a pleasant taste. An incredible option for me is parsley. A few people say that mint leaves make an incredible other option to aroma clears out. Yet, it's a no for me.
Before you make the Cowfoot Porridge
- Cut the cow foot into medium lumps. Where I live, the butchers cut it for me.
- Peel the yam and cut into medium 3D squares.
- Pound/crush the habanero pepper.
- Crush the ehu.
- Sliced the onion into 2 to 4 major pieces.
- In the case of utilizing fragrance leaves, utilize your fingertips to tear the leaves into medium pieces. No compelling reason to cut parsley.
- Wash and put the dairy animals foot pieces in a pot.
- Add enough water to cover the meat. In the event that you need the porridge as thick as that of Yam Porridge, include less water.
- Include lumps of onion. I utilize lumps of onion when I don't need bits of onion in what I'm cooking.
- Include the stock blocks (pounded), dark pepper, ground ehu (calabash nutmeg) and habanero pepper.
- Cover the pot and cook the cowfoot till done to your enjoying. On the off chance that utilizing a weight pot, when done, depressurize under running water and set the pot back on the stove.
- Include the yams and some salt. Cover and cook till the yams are well done. On the off chance that utilizing a weight pot, there's no compelling reason to pressurize it this time.
- At the point when the yams are cooked to your loving, evacuate the huge lumps of onion and include the vegetables.
- Mix and it's prepared to be served.
Serve sizzling with a chilled drink: palm wine, brew or heavy and sodas.