Cooking white rice is as simple as bubbling eggs for breakfast. It is typically cooked plain with no additional fixings. A few people include salt however this is discretionary.
This strategy applies to the long grain white rice.
- Long grain parboiled white rice
- Salt (Optional)
- Parboil the rice utilizing the strategy itemized in How to Parboil Rice for Cooking White Rice. You might need to parboil it for any longer relying upon individual inclination.
- Pour the rice in a sifter to deplete out the boiling hot water.
- Plunge in frosty water, then wash and deplete.
- Then set some water to bubble in a pot sufficiently huge to suit the rice remembering that the rice will rise some more. The degree of rising relies on upon the kind of rice and for to what extent it was parboiled.
- Include the parboiled rice and salt (discretionary). Verify that the water level is just about the same as the rice.
- Cook till the water is just about becoming scarce. Watch that the rice is finished. If not, include more water and continue cooking.
- Continue checking till the rice is finished. Leave to dry totally. This is normally affirmed by a ticking sound originating from the pot.
Eat with Meatball Stew, Beef and Chicken Stew, Banga Stew (Ofe Akwu), Vegetable Sauce, Pepper Soup, Mixed Vegetables Curry Sauce or even Egusi Soup.
Bubbled White Rice and Stew embellishments include: Fried Plantain, Nigerian Moi and other Nigerian Rice Accessories