Instructions to Cook Edikang Ikong Soup
It is regular for Nigerians to demand this soup formula after an episode of ailment as we trust it to recharge whatever was lost amid the infection. Be that as it may, you don't not should be in a condition of improvement to appreciate this wholesome Nigerian sustenance formula.
Elements for Edikang Ikong Soup
- 1kg Pumpkin takes off
- 500g Water leaves (Talinum Triangulare)
- 600g Beef, Kanda, shaki and Dry fish
- Pepper, Salt and ground crawfish: to taste
- 200ml Palm oil
- 1 container Periwinkle
- 2 medium onions
- 2-3 stock 3D shapes
- Elective vegetables for the individuals who can't purchase water leaves and pumpkin takes off:
- Utilize the accompanying to trade the exemplary Nigerian vegetables for this soup:
- 1kg typical solidified spinach
- 200g ground solidified spinach
- 250g sheep's lettuce (canonigos in Spanish)
- Defrost the solidified spinach, cut the typical solidified one into minor pieces and blend with the ground solidified spinach. Wring out the water from these and include them when the composed formula obliges you to include the pumpkin takes off.
- Wash, pick and cut the Lamb's Lettuce into modest pieces. Include them when the composed formula obliges you to include water takes off.
- Watch the video beneath for how I utilized these option vegetables to get ready Edikang Ikong soup.
- Wash and cut the pumpkin and water leaves into modest pieces. Placed them in independent sifters to deplete out all the water however much as could be expected.
- Cut the Kanda into little pieces. Cook the hamburger, kanda and the dry fish with the 2 globules of diced onions and the stock 3D squares with as meager amount of water as could reasonably be expected.
- At the point when the meat is done, include a liberal measure of palm oil, the crawfish and pepper and leave to bubble for around 10 minutes. The palm oil fills in as the fluid in the Edikang Ikong soup. You ought to attempt however much as could be expected to make it the main fluid in the soup.
- Include the periwinkle and water leaves and leave to cook for an additional 5 minutes. You may need to cook for less time at this stage so that the water leaves are not over-cooked.
- Presently include the pumpkin leaves and salt to taste. Mix the substance of the pot extremely well and kill the warmth. Cover the pot and leave to remain for around 5 minutes.
That is it! Present with Garri (Eba), Semolina Fufu, Amala, Cassava Fufu or Pounded Yam.