Additionally look at the formula of Ogbono Soup cooked with okra.
Your Ogbono Soup does not have the ideal versatility when done? Look at: Ogbono Soup: Frequently Asked Questions.
Elements for Ogbono Soup
- 8 tablespoons ground Ogbono
- Dairy animals Ribs
- Shaki (dairy animals tripe)
- Dry feline fish
- 3 cooking spoons red palm oil
- 2 modest bunches crawfish
- 1 level round ogiri okpei (Iru, Locust bean)
- Habanero pepper (ose oyibo, atarodo)
- 1 onion
- 2 major flavoring solid shapes
- Ugu (Nigerian pumpkin leaves): elective spinach
- Salt (to your taste)
- For crushing the ogbono seeds, you will require:
- With most Nigerian formulas, particularly Nigerian soups formulas, we go free-form with regards to the amounts of fixings. The amounts of the considerable number of fixings recorded above can be changed in accordance with your taste.
- Don't hesitate to include ponmo (Kpomo) (see video) and stockfish to your own particular Ogbono Soup. I utilized ribs since that piece of meat is extremely delectable and makes Ogbono Soup more tasty. The amounts and assortments of meat and fish to add to your Nigerian soups is completely up to you. The main meat we don't regularly use for Nigerian soups is chicken. Goat meat, Beef, Lamb and so forth run well with Nigerian soups.
- Add palm oil to your enjoying.
- For vegetables, include the amount you like. A few people don't add vegetables to their Ogbono Soup and they adore it that way. Watch the video beneath for more data. On the off chance that you are in Nigeria, utilize Ugu (Nigerian Pumpkin leaves), outside Nigeria, utilize spinach (I lean toward solidified spinach to verdant spinach for my Nigerian soups). A few people even include sharp clears out.
- You can utilize cayenne pepper (new or dry) or Scotch hood peppers rather than habanero peppers.
- Crush the Ogbono with a dry factory.
- Splash the dry feline fish in some cool or tepid water. Whenever delicate, clean altogether and debone.
- In the case of utilizing solidified spinach, cut it when it is not totally defrosted. It is simpler that way. At that point when totally defrosted, crush out the overabundance water.
- In the case of utilizing Ugu, pick and cut into thin cuts.
- Pound the crawfish and ogiri okpei with a zest/espresso processor.
- Cut the onion into huge lumps. I utilize lumps of onion when I need the essence of onion yet not bits of onion in what I am cooking.
- Granulate or pound the pepper.
- Heat up some water and put aside, you may require it.
- Cooking Directions for Ogbono Soup
- Cook the different meat with the flavoring shapes and onion. Keep in mind to begin cooking the hardest piece of meat first (eg shaki), then include hamburger when practically done.
- At the point when the meat is done, kill the warmth, expel the lumps of onion then take out the meat from the hamburger stock.
- Include the ground ogbono, spreading over the meat stock as you include. At that point mix extremely well with an opened spoon to guarantee that they blend with the hamburger stock without irregularities.
- Whenever cheerful, cover the pot, turn on the warmth to low and begin cooking. Yes, you can cover the pot while cooking Ogbono Soup and the flexibility won't be influenced. There are a couple reasons why your Ogbono Soup does not have the ideal flexibility but rather covering the pot is not one of those reasons. See underneath.
- Mix the soup all the time as you cook so it doesn't consume.
- Following 15 minutes, include the crawfish and ogiri okpei mix, habanero pepper, deboned dry feline fish, salt and palm oil in no specific request and keep cooking. Keep in mind to mix regularly.
- Following 5 minutes (a sum of 20 minutes of cooking), include the rest of the fixings: the bubbled meats we took out before and verdant vegetables. You can include more salt if essential. For vegetables, I include, blend, include, mix till I am content with the proportion of the vegetables to the soup. This is the manner by which I add vegetables to every Nigerian soup.
- You have to cook Ogbono for no less than 20 minutes for the delectable taste and flavor to turn out. You will know when you have cooked it sufficiently long in light of the fact that you can even notice this scrumptious fragrance when it happens. In the event that you have ever asked why your Ogbono Soup does not taste as delectable as that one you ate elsewhere, it might well be that you are not cooking yours for quite some time.
- Cover the pot and at the main indication of it bubbling once more, it's finished!
- Take the soup off the stove instantly and fill another pot (frosty pot) or the container(s) you will use to stop it. This guarantees the vegetables hold their green shading. Despite the fact that you have killed the warmth, on the off chance that you leave the soup in the hot pot, the vegetables will proceed to cook and will turn dull and unappetising.
- This is much more terrible on the off chance that you have a vitro clay cooker (hot plate sort of cooker) that still has loads of lingering warmth long after you have killed the warmth. Emptying the soup into a cool holder stops the cooking procedure.
- In the wake of emptying the soup into the new container(s), abandon them on your kitchen counter to chill off totally before solidifying.
Serve Ogbono Soup with any Nigerian Fufu supper. This simple and light Ogbono Soup is perfct for the little ones in your family.
In the event that you have any inquiries concerning this formula, click here to ask me.