The accompanying are the amounts of fixings I utilized for that plate of serving of mixed greens you see up there.
- 2 expansive leaves of lettuce
- 1 long thin carrot
- ½ of a little cucumber
- 1 Irish potato
- 1 hard-bubbled egg
- 1 tablespoon sweet corn
- 2 squeezes of ground dark pepper
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 table spoon Heinz Salad Cream
- Olive oil (discretionary)
Notes on the fixings
- I didn't go through all the lettuce expressed previously. I simply cut out from the longest parts of the clears out.
- To get long thin strands, you require a long carrot and the carrot ought to be delicate, not the sinewy kind.
- Utilize any plate of mixed greens dressing of your decision.
Before you set up the Bird's Nest Salad
- Every one of the vegetables should be flushed completely.
- Cook the egg till hard, peel and cut into 2. See: How to make Perfect Hard-bubbled Eggs for how to cook the ideal hard-bubbled egg with wet egg yolks, peels effectively, with no unattractive green/dark ring around the egg yolk.
- Lay the lettuce level on the hacking board and cut into long thin strands. It is best to cut along the vein of the clears out.
- Rub the carrot and cut into long thin strands. Grind the rest of the pieces that are not sufficiently long into little pieces.
- Heat up some water and plunge the long thin strands of carrots in it for around 30 seconds. This is with the goal that they will mellow and twist effortlessly.
- Peel and cut the potato into little 3D squares. At that point cook till done however difficult to nibble. This does not take much time so watch it so that the pieces don't turn out to be too delicate. Pour in a strainer or colander to deplete.
- Peel, expel the seeds and cut the cucumber into an indistinguishable size of solid shapes from the potato. I peel the cucumber in stripes for some green shading.
- Put the diced potatoes, cucumber, ground carrots and sweet corn in a bowl and blend till everything is consolidated. Include the plate of mixed greens cream and mayonnaise and blend exceptionally well.
- Exchange to the serving plate.
- Mastermind the long thin lettuce around the blend of potatoes, ground carrots, cucumber and sweet corn, abandoning some space in the center.
- Orchestrate the delicate long thin carrots inside the hover made by the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the dark pepper on top.
- Splash olive oil on everything (discretionary) then place the split hard-bubbled egg on top.
Serve Bird's Nest Salad with Barbecue Chicken Drumsticks, Nigerian Jollof Rice, Nigerian Coconut Rice, Nigerian Fried Rice and other Nigerian rice dishes.
More sustenance blends: with Nigerian Moi or with Grilled Chicken.