Plantain Pie Ingredients
- For 12 Plantain Pies, you'll require:
- For the batter
- 1 over-ready plantain
- 300g/10.5oz. plain flour (generally useful flour)
- 125g/4.4oz. spread (NOT margarine)
- 1 teaspoon preparing powder (discretionary)
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the filling
- Any sustenance thing that runs well with plantains (particularly broiled plantains) will make an awesome filling for Plantain Pies. That is the reason I called them Plantain Pies and not Yam Pies. So don't hesitate to utilize beans porridge, egg omelet and so on as your filling.
- 200g/7oz. white puna yam
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- A little bit of red pepper
- Salt (to taste)
Instruments you'll have to prepare Plantain Pies
- 3.75-inch (9.5cm) treat cutter
- 3-inch (7.5cm) treat cutter
- Biscuit plate with 12 glasses
- Broiler, sifter, spatula, brush, moving pin and so forth
More data about the fixings
- Heating powder is discretionary in light of the fact that I made this pie with and without preparing powder, I didn't see any distinction in the taste and surface.
- Put some spread aside to grease the biscuit plate mugs.
Before you get ready Plantain Pie
- Peel and cook the yam till well done then set aside to chill off totally.
- Cut the onions and red pepper into little pieces.
- At the point when the yam has chilled off, cut into little solid shapes.
- The batter
- Peel the over ready plantain and crush with a fork. Put aside.
- Filter half of the flour, the salt and the preparing powder into a spotless dry bowl.
- Cut the margarine into little pieces. Add them to the flour and blend till the spread is consolidated into the flour.
- Include the crushed plantain. Blend with a spatula till as smooth as would be prudent. You will see that it is very sticky.
- Begin including the second 50% of the flour in little amounts, blend with the plantain and flour mixture, include more, blend ... till you get a non-sticky however delicate chunk of mixture. On the off chance that you don't accomplish this with the amount of flour I expressed, include more flour till you get that. In a perfect world the amount of flour you'll require relies on upon how overripe your plantain is.
- When you are cheerful, cover the chunk of batter with aluminum thwart and leave to rest for around 10 minutes.
- Break the eggs and beat exceptionally well.
- Include salt and blend.
- Include the bits of bubbled yam, red pepper and onions. Blend extremely well and put aside. It ought to resemble this.
- Move, Cut, Fill and Bake
- Oil the internal parts of the biscuit plate glasses with spread.
- At the point when the mixture has rested for around 10 minutes, manipulate it a couple of more circumstances.
- Move it out on a level surface to a 3mm thickness.
- Removed the moved batter with the 3.75-inch treat cutter and utilize the slice out mixture to line the mugs in the biscuit plate. You can make a few cuts at any given moment.
- Rehash the procedure till you have lined the 12 measures of the biscuit plate.
- Scoop the filling into each of the containers. Abandon some egg in the bowl; you'll require it for coating the pies.
- Reveal the rest of the mixture and cut with the 3-inch treat cutter. Utilize these to cover each of the filled glasses.
- Utilizing a brush, rub the highest point of the pies with the remaining egg from the filling. This gives the pie a brilliant dark colored look when done.
- Prepare in a preheated stove for 30 minutes.
- Typical stove: 200C (400F)
- Fan Oven: 180C (350F)
- Gas stamp number: 6
- Present with a chilled drink. These pies protect well in the cooler will at present be crisp for up to 1 month. To utilize, bring out from the cooler, leave to defrost on your kitchen counter for a couple of hours. Warm it up in the microwave stove for around 2 minutes at medium warmth. Idealize!