- 1kg (2.2 lbs) white puna yam
- 200g Nigerian pumpkin takes off
- Palm oil
- 200g ukpaka (destroyed oil bean seeds)
- Ogiri Igbo (castor bean glue)
- 1 Habanero/Scotch Bonnet pepper or to taste
- Salt (to taste)
Notes on the fixings.
- Puna yam is sweet and bland and is the yam we use for most Nigerian yam formulas.
- The pumpkin leaves expressed above are not halloween pumpkin clears out. They are Nigerian pumpkin leaves: Telfairia occidentalis. On the off chance that you don't have those, utilization spinach. That is the thing that I utilized as a part of the video beneath with extraordinary outcomes.
- Include palm oil till you get the consistency you like. For the valid taste palm oil is critical to this formula, vegetable oil or some other oil can't be utilized as option.
- Ogiri Igbo gives the sauce the extremely customary taste. On the off chance that you don't have it, utilize stock 3D shapes.
Before you set up the Ji Abubo.
- Wash the yam altogether with a lot of water and a wipe. Try not to peel the yam.
- Cut into craved shapes and sizes for instance the half-moon cuts.
- Wash the ukpaka and place in a thwart sack or plastic pack. My grandmother utilizes leaves to wrap the ukpaka.
- Wash the vegetables and tie them up with strings.
- Heat up the yam, vegetable and ukpaka
- Put the yam pieces in a pot and pour water to cover the yams.
- Put the tied vegetables and wrapped ukpaka on top and cook till the ukpaka and vegetables are delicate.
- Keep cooking the yam if not done.
- Make the vegetable sauce
- Pound the habanero pepper in a mortar till smooth.
- At the point when the ukpaka and pumpkin leaves are delicate (from step 2 above), pound them in a similar mortar in a steady progression till they are as smooth as would be prudent.\
- Add palm oil to the mix till you get a consistency you like and blend extremely well.
- Add salt and ogiri Igbo to your taste and blend with the pestle till everything is all around consolidated.
- Dish in a serving dish and put aside.
- Check the yam
- Once the yam is well done, tap the water and place the yams in a serving plate or plate.
- Ji Abubo ought to be served sizzling to supplement the cool vegetable sauce.